LAW OFFICES OF GIANNA SCATCHELL
SOMETHING ABOUT US
Gianna understands the needs of professional, small business owners and start-ups, from her experience as an attorney and starting several ventures outside of her legal career. Gianna’s practice focuses on the intersection of law and technology focusing on privacy-based litigation including invasion of privacy claims sounding in cyber-bullying, defamation, and revenge porn.
Provided legal counsel and representation for start-ups, privately-held businesses, and non-profits on corporate structure and online legal strategy with an emphasis on defensive cyber security initiatives and implementation, social media compliance and training, corporate governance, intellectual property due diligence (e.g. copyright protection and defense and trademark filings, prosecution, licensing agreements, and ICANN domain name disputes.
Moreover, Gianna counsels law enforcement agencies and schools addressing the unique challenges that technology causes regarding privacy, compliance, online bullying, and criminal behavior. To continue to hone her skills and keep up with the rapid pace of technology, Gianna collaborates with the top executives from some of the world’s most successful start-ups
WHY CHOOSE POLYGON
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, Chicago.
- L.L.M., International Trade & Business. The John Marshall Law School, Chicago.
- L.L.M., Information Technology & Privacy Law, The John Marshall Law School, Chicago.
- B.A., Spanish & Speech Communication, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Northern District of Illinois.